Appearance EditThe World that is No Longer Here, he is seen dry rather than dripping wet.
Not much is known about Kumagami's personality. He speaks only after detecting someone to describe their ability. He has been found to be very affectionate and kind, often caring about family. In Charlotte, Kumagami is kidnapped by Furuki on the account of his family being held for ransom. Kumagami willingly obliges to go with Furuki after he discovers this. He also cares in great depth for Shunsuke, especially when the nickname "Pooh" is used.
He is first shown when wet and he locates another ability user and leaves. He helps the student council locate many ability users. In The World that is No Longer Here he approaches Yū when not wet, thus revealing his face and asks him to come with him. Kumagami then takes Yū to his brother who explains their past abilities and why he erased their memories. In Shunsuke's flashback, Kumagami is shown to be his best friend and is very loyal to him. He is also called 'Pooh' by Shunsuke. In Charlotte, he is tortured by terrorists, being punched in the face, he eventually loses all his teeth. and eventually dies in the hands of Shunsuke while protecting Nao Tomori, from being impaled by metal rods after Yū causes disruption.
He has the ability to locate anybody who possesses an ability. Originally, it was thought that he needed to soak himself in water while fully clothed to use his ability, but it is later revealed that he only did it to hide his identity. He is a comrade who helps the student council in finding ability users.
- In Happiness You Did Not Notice, Kumagami is shown outside the academy for the first time.
- In The World that is No Longer Here, Kumagami has been shown while not wet.
- According to Nao, he looks handsome if his face is shown
- Shunsuke called him "Pooh", a phenomenal fictional bear character created by A. A. Milne "Winnie-the Pooh". The reason for this is because "Kuma" means "Bear"
- As of Charlotte, Kumagami dies protecting Nao Tomori from Yū's Collapse Ability.
- Kuma (熊) means Bear and Gami (耳) means Ear which results in "bear's ear". His name has the same structure to Shunsuke's, which is written as 隼翼 with Shun (隼) meaning falcon and Suke (翼) meaning wings, which results "falcon's wings".
|Main Characters||Yū Otosaka • Nao Tomori • Jōjirō Takajō • Yusa Nishimori • Misa Kurobane • Ayumi Otosaka • Shunsuke Otosaka • Takehito Kumagami|
|Supporting Characters||Maedomari • Medoki • Shichino • Furuki • Sala Shane • Kazuki Tomori • Yumi Shirayanagi • Tsutsumiuchi • Konishi • Udō • Arifumi Fukuyama • Saitō • Iori Sekiguchi|
|Minor Characters||Mishima • Kōta • Shō • Nomura • Oikawa • Sugimoto • Takato • Yoshiyuki Ōmura • Mrs. Tomori • Gondō • Hosoyamada • Mr. Kurobane • Mrs. Tomori • Honoka|